Sunday, November 28, 2010

Receipant of The Helen and Tim Meier Mid Career Artists Acheivement Award

On Wednesday I was honored to host Helen and Tim Meier along with Michele Smith once again to my studio. This time they came to present me with an award that their foundation started several years ago. It is a  recognition award given to "mid career" artists who have been working for years and have maintained the pursuit of their aesthetic. I am ecstatic about this honor! I feel ten years younger! This is comparable to the booster shot we received as children. I don't know what it did but boy I sure felt it! And this award feels great. It's an affirmation of my dedication to going to the studio to discover the unknown all the while leaving visual markings of that path. I am both humbled and honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment